It's becoming increasingly clear that boys play an enormous role in the movement toward gender equality. If parents can raise an entire generation of boys with a more accurate understanding of girls' potential, we can really move the gender-justice needle in a lot of areas.
The most effective way to move the needle is to ensure that the values our boys are absorbing at home enforce concepts like equality and respect, not outdated gender stereotypes. This quick-read guidebook provides practical parenting tips for guiding boys toward respect for girls/women.
You can contribute to your child's success in school and in life by learning how to:
- Explain false gender stereotypes
- Teach consent at his level so he remembers
- Nurture his emotional IQ
- Foster his empathy skills
- Find an appropriate male role model
- Create a gender-equal environment at home