All Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) guidebooks are for parents (and caregivers) of elementary school kids who want to encourage DEI values at home. This particular guidebook focuses on disability awareness (both physical and mental) by providing instructions for parents to teach kids how to interact with people who have special needs.
You'll find step-by-step guidance for:
- Answering common questions from kids about disability
- Teaching etiquette for special needs adaptive tools (service dogs for example)
- Learning how to teach morals to kids
- Explaining both mental and physical disability basics
- Demystifying disability
- Raising kind kids
- Learning how to talk so kids will listen
Instructions are written succinctly. Unlike typically long-winded parenting books, DEI Parent Guidebooks are intentionally concise to help busy parents (and caregivers) find answers quickly.
Our #1 goal is to help parents raise open-minded kids who can see the humanness in others.