American treatment of immigrant families is (rightfully) becoming a hotly-debated subject. The importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) resources for parents to help kids understand the immigrant experience is undeniable.
You can contribute to your child's success in school and in life by learning how to:
- Explain U.S. immigration basics
- Talk about your own family heritage
- Answer common questions from kids about immigration
- Discuss what happens when immigrants arrive in America
- Explain the details of why, how, and when to be an immigrant's ally
- Cultivate an immigrant-supportive environment at home